Sometimes things don't go as planned but still work out OK. I had intended to use the smaller print fabric that is on the circle and drop shaped leaves. But I grabbed the larger print fabric that's the same color by mistake. I realized it as soon as I had basted the first piece on and decided to just go with it.
After using the same fabrics for my corner buds on the first 6 blocks, I began to have concerns that I would run out before all was finished. I changed to a different pair of fabrics with a similar color and feel for what will be the "inner" 9 blocks of the motif.
It is so nice to be caught up. (And with a couple days to spare!)