Sunday, December 22, 2013

Welcome to Benjamin Biggs

Hi everyone

This blog has been set up for anyone that wants to post their progress, follow along vacariously, or get tempted to join in on this amazing new BOM.  All credits go to Sentimental Stitches and Dear Jane.  Any questions regarding the pattern or posting of patterns should be directed to these two ladies.
This is simply a venue to encourage and share.

Housekeeping:
This blog can accomodate 100 contributors.  I will moderate the blog and that means that you have to send me an email so I can invite you to the blog.

All comments will only be available on the blog, so if you post a question, please check back on the blog for any responses.  If anyone knows how I can direct each individual post back to the authors email, let me know. 

Label your post with your first name and last initial.  This post will be labeled SharonT.  Also label your post with the block you are posting.  Labels MUST be the same every time, so if you label it Block 1 and the next time you type block1, it will not be put in the same area on the blog. 
Please label them Block space number  ex: Block 12

If you have a block that is challenging, or you are working on a block in a different manner than others, please share.  I learned so much from the Beyond the Cherry Tree blog and all the contributors.  It also kept me motivated to finish that 25 block BOM.

If you are a blogger and want to point readers to this blog, feel free.  If anyone knows how to / wants to make a button, again, feel free and advise me what to do to get it out there.

My Applique Society group has several members who are joining in, please share this great project with your stitch group.

26 comments:

  1. Sharon - Thank you so much for setting up this blog!
    I'm very excited to begin this quilting journey.
    Now to decide on my fabric selection.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be very helpful! Thank you for setting this up. I am hoping to keep up with everyone. I know I will enjoy this. I really hope we will learn more about Benjamin Biggs and who ever made this quilt. I enjoy the history of quilts as much as I enjoy looking at them and reproducing them.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'll be starting in a few days! Thanks so much for setting this up. It was great fun with Beyond The Cherry Trees and we'll have fun with the Benjamin Biggs quilt too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! I can't wait to get started...though I'm a little apprehensive since I haven't done much applique. Only one way to get my feet wet and jump right in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still hand quilting my BTCT quilt, I'm afraid it was sitting in the corner for a long time. I'm thinking I would like to do this quilt as well, it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sharon, Thanks for setting up the new blog. I plan on making this quilt so please add my name.

    ReplyDelete
  7. At this stage I will be following, I haven't quite committed to making the blocks just yet.

    There are two ways for the writer of a post to reply to comments, one is by clicking on the word reply below the comment and replying that way or the other way is to get your comments emailed to yourself by leaving a comment (it can just be a full stop if you like) on your own post as soon as you do it and tick the little box that says:

    Notify me (on the bottom right hand corner of the comment box

    If you do that then as people comment the comments get emailed to you and you can then reply by email.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I missed doing Beyond the Cherry Tree, but would like to do BBQ. Please add my name to list of blog contributors. I learn so much from these type of blogs.
    Angie N

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sharon, I am new to quilting groups and would like to give it a try. Please add my name Many thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for setting this up Sharon, please add me to the blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! I am from Indiana and going to try these quilt blocks. I am new to applique but want to learn. Thanks you for setting up this blog Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a great idea! Just love the quilt and can't resist it - please add me to your list. Now to find fabrics (oh ...and the time!)
    Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Sharon. I'm in. Please add me to the list. Also, I find the red font extremely hard to read on the green background. Maybe it's just me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sharon, thank you for setting up this blog. Please add my name to your list. The quilt is extremely tempting and at the moment I am considering making a modified version. Hopefully, I can find the time to keep up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you Sharon.....what a great resource. Please add me to the list. Hopefully I will be posting pictures as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would appreciate you adding my name to the list, thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Could you please add me to this blog. I am looking forward to make this quilt and follow along with others. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so excited to join in. I've watched Lori complete her Beyond the Cherry Tree quilt and don't want to miss the boat on this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Would you please add me to this blog too? I am just starting out and would appreciate watching everyone else, and sharing my blocks too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Sharon, I have changed the settings for my blog, could you please add me to this blog. I would like to participate. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello! could you please add my name to this blog. I would like to participate. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi,
    Could you please add me to the blog as well. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm trying to get added to blog. I'm new and can't figure out what your email is. Mine is juliequilts@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Sharon, If is is not too late, I would like to join the blog. I am not 100% sure I will make the quilt - although I have collected the patterns...just in case. Seeing the work everyone is doing is very inspiring! Plus I have already picked up some tips that will help make the project more manageable (reduced size blocks, embroidery for tiny stems, re-drafting homely block #1, using alternate buds in corner blocks, re-calculating fabric requirements, and as a bonus, how to check my e-mail reply status on my blog! This is great learning. I know if I do complete this quilt, it will take a lot of support for 2 years :)
    Thanks for counting me in!

    ReplyDelete