Saturday, April 5, 2014

Block 4

I used back basted needleturn applique for the whole block and made each lily flower out of one piece of fabric - without the centre seam. I couldn't see that the seam was needed with my fabric choice.

Here are all the blocks so far ...starting to look like a quilt? The plain poison green on block 2 is standing out as 'different' at the moment but I am not too worried...yet. There is plenty of time to add more of this fabric in the other blocks, and I am thinking it might be the fabric for the swag border. 


I made a whole quilt of Carolina Lily blocks last year so it was fun to revisit the block. Interesting too to make it with a different construction. Last time I made the flowers by English Paper Piecing ( 4 diamond shapes stitched together) and then appliqued to the background. The BB method is quicker!

7 comments:

  1. This was a fun, fast block. Your blocks look wonderful together. I was remembering your Carolina Lily quilt when I worked on this block.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty - glad you showed the flower done in one piece rather than 2 - wasn't quite sure if 2 pieces were necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great block and I love seeing all 4 together. The brighter green looks interesting and makes me want to add a little brightness to my blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks are very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh so lovely! What a gorgeous table runner they would make.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Hilda, the swags would look adorable in that green :)

    ReplyDelete