Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Blocks 3 & 4 - French General - Broderie Perse

Well, they still aren't totally done but are very close.  I still need to add the rosebud flowers (that look like artichokes) on Block 3 and do all of the handwork on the rosebuds on Block 4.  It is amazing how the applique imperfections are magnified in a pix....I should take them as I go and correct them.....but not now.  Maybe after school finishes this semester and I retire for the THIRD TIME.  :)
I decided to embroider the littlest stem in Block 3 at the end of each vine which I haven't done yet either.  It has been so fun going through all of my French General stash and finding flowers for the broderie perse.  Thank heavens block 4

 only had three flowers as that is all that I could find of that one.  However, even as I use up my French General stash.....it keeps growing and I hardly can get it back in the box even after pulling out what I am going to use.  Can anyone explain that to me?   I certainly am enjoying this quilt and can't wait for Block 5.  Hopefully I will have the rosebuds done before it comes out.

6 comments: