Monday, April 28, 2014

Third Block Finished

March block is finished, and it's almost the end of April!  It was a fun block to make, and I love cherries.  It was laying on the couch when I took the picture, and the upper left part must have been a little crooked.  (The small leaves are all the same size, contrary to what the picture shows.)  I shall cut the wages of my photographer in half........let's see - 1/2 of zero is.....

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Blocks 3 & 4 - French General - Broderie Perse

Well, they still aren't totally done but are very close.  I still need to add the rosebud flowers (that look like artichokes) on Block 3 and do all of the handwork on the rosebuds on Block 4.  It is amazing how the applique imperfections are magnified in a pix....I should take them as I go and correct them.....but not now.  Maybe after school finishes this semester and I retire for the THIRD TIME.  :)
I decided to embroider the littlest stem in Block 3 at the end of each vine which I haven't done yet either.  It has been so fun going through all of my French General stash and finding flowers for the broderie perse.  Thank heavens block 4

 only had three flowers as that is all that I could find of that one.  However, even as I use up my French General keeps growing and I hardly can get it back in the box even after pulling out what I am going to use.  Can anyone explain that to me?   I certainly am enjoying this quilt and can't wait for Block 5.  Hopefully I will have the rosebuds done before it comes out.

Monday, April 21, 2014

Block 4

I'm a little late is month, but I would never forget my Benjamin Blocks!
I've been sidetracked with so many other wonderful quilts ;)

Here it is, I'm I love with the pink and green !

And here they all are, starting to look good together ;)

I haven't cut the blocks to size yet, am going to leave that till I finish them all.  And now I only have to wait to a few more days till the next one is available!

Hope you gals are stitching up a storm.
Kel x

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Block # 4

Have fun stitching everyone!

Pat, in snowy northern Wisconsin - still waiting for Spring


Saturday, April 5, 2014

Block 4

I used back basted needleturn applique for the whole block and made each lily flower out of one piece of fabric - without the centre seam. I couldn't see that the seam was needed with my fabric choice.

Here are all the blocks so far ...starting to look like a quilt? The plain poison green on block 2 is standing out as 'different' at the moment but I am not too worried...yet. There is plenty of time to add more of this fabric in the other blocks, and I am thinking it might be the fabric for the swag border. 

I made a whole quilt of Carolina Lily blocks last year so it was fun to revisit the block. Interesting too to make it with a different construction. Last time I made the flowers by English Paper Piecing ( 4 diamond shapes stitched together) and then appliqued to the background. The BB method is quicker!

Friday, April 4, 2014

Blocks 3 & 4

I did not get block three posted last month and block four was a fairly quick block to stitch. I am going to do the petal option on the corners instead of the rosebuds.

Happy stitching all,