Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Block 3

Hello all,
 I finished my Block 3.  So far I like this block the best, even though it wasn't especially easy to do.  Continuing with my theme of adding indigo blue to my blocks I added four blueberry sprigs inside the wreath.  I also shrunk the inner leaves so that the berries would fit.
  I used skinny 1/8 inch bias strips for the cherries and blue berries, but my stems that attach the cherries to the wreath are thicker.  If I had to do it again, I would have made them 1/8th inch also.  I used freezer paper under the circular wreath rather than bias so that I would not have a join,

All in all, I am happy the way it turned out.

13 comments:

  1. It turned out beautiful!
    I really do like the addition of those blueberries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the blueberries, they fill out the block so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The added blueberries look very nice. Your block turned out lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like it! Those blueberries are great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the blue added! Very striking design and vibrant color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the blueberries. Great job. I'm getting close on block two.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely blocks Miriam. I wanted to do this quilt, but as you've seen I've been busy with Mrs Billings.
    Cant wait to see more of your blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that's pretty spectacular. I'm very impressed by the applique work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the pops of blue, gorgeous blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The blueberries make this block sing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The blueberries make this block sing.

    ReplyDelete