Monday, February 3, 2014

Block 1 finished

I am excited to be finished this block. Thanks to everyone who shared their variations, I was inspired to redraw my center and reduce the block size to 12 inches. Unfortunately I did not read the instructions carefully and did not realize I should have reversed the buds so I will be reversing the buds in my future blocks.

 

 

7 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous Heather - very elegant and love your fabric choices!
    Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! If I were you, I would continue not reversing the buds. I think they'll look just fine all going the un-reversed direction :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm-just took another look at the pattern for the 2nd block. Since I use the back basting method for my needle turn - unless I do reverse the buds as printed in the 2nd block my corners will not appear as in the original. My first block placement is as the original. Glad I only traced everything and have not started on the buds yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the main thing is to get all the buds going in the same direction. The first pattern had them going in the opposite direction as shown in the quilt. It was explained in the directions for the first block, I just missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Heather - I just did not read carefully enough! Got it straight now. So glad you mentioned that. Being in this group really helps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the redesign and the fabric!

    ReplyDelete