I made a commitment to try to use my stash for this quilt. So first, I cut up my solids this month and arranged the 5 solids I had from this French General collection and decided how I could best arrange the various background selections. Here is a picture of how I tentatively will place the various solid blocks. You can see the first two blocks in the upper left hand corner. The lightest color is this month's block.
Then I continued trying to do this block in Broderie Perse from some of the gorgeous florals. The buds may be the death of me but I will keep trying. I decided to try to do the Broderie Perse closely appliqued because of the differences in the backgrounds. Each block may be different.
I love this quilt....and even the large blocks. I am looking forward to how each background color fits with the prints and florals I have.