Thursday, January 2, 2014

Block 1

I guess I'll start us off. I'm a huge fan of green and red applique, but I am quilting Beyond The Cherry Tree and almost have the top complete for Sally Post. With that said, I'm tired of seeing the same greens in my quilts and thought I'd change this quilt up a bit. I don't have a plan, I'll raid my stash when each block is released. I can't say that I love this block in the quilt or this one, but it isn't about one block, it's about the quilt as a whole.

I look forward to seeing everyone's blocks!

11 comments:

  1. Wow Lori, That was fast. Great version of this block.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For those of you that think I'm a super fast appliquer...I am, when I use the machine! :) I'm reserving my handwork for quilting and wool applique.

      Delete
  2. I really love that red fabric you have used, Lori! Great start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks wonderful Lori! Great colour/fabric choices - am going to really enjoy seeing it evolve in these colours - well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am curious to know if I am a no-reply commenter. I love your colour choice for this block. It makes me want to start over or make several different version. I started mine and tried using a monofilament thread on a raw edge over floriani but have much to learn. Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I paid a visit to your blog. Hoping you got my comment.

      Delete
    2. yes
      did you turn under the edges before machine appliqueing with tiny zig zag? I might try that after all.
      holycow1952@live.ca

      Delete
    3. No I use a bit of wonder under and leave the edges raw.

      Delete
  5. Your block looks beautiful in Red and Navy!
    I like this version a lot!

    Hoping to have mine finished in a couple more days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the navy blue! Great color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. well i love it! is it dark teal? and i'm sure your quilt will be fabulous when finished.

    ReplyDelete